… Continued …
Be Aware of the Condition
If you have these conditions, go to the doctor or a specialist right away:
- You are urinating very much
- You are always weak, feeling sick a lot to your stomach, and always thirsty
- You have a serious belly pain
- You are breathing faster and more deeply than usual
- You have sweet breath – smelling like the remover of nail polish
In general, your doctor will perform several tests to confirm your condition. The urine test is done to find out whether you have excessive glucose in your urine. Then there is a blood test to measure your blood sugar level.
Prediabetes and the Best Treatment
When your blood sugar is increasing, but your condition hasn’t reached the level or condition for type 2 diabetes, it is called as the prediabetes situation. Before it is too late, you can always turn the situation around. By implementing lifestyle change and healthier life, such a condition can be prevented. But you can do it only through regular exercise, weight loss, and also healthy diet.
Facts about Diabetes Treatments
Now that you already know about diabetes symptoms facts, there are some things to know about the proper treatment for your condition.
- In most diabetes solution and treatment, the main purpose is to control the blood glucose (or sugar) so further complications can be prevented or avoided
- Diabetes type 1 can be managed with diet changes, exercise, and insulin
- Diabetes type 2 can be managed with insulin, diet changes, weight reduction, and also non-insulin drugs (medication)
- The treatment for diabetes can include pancreas transplantation but it only happens when the problem is too severe
- Any diabetes care or management plan will include proper nutrition.
- There is no such a thing as specific diet that can apply for all individuals. The treatment should be implemented based on individual needs. That’s why you should consult your doctor and find the best solution based on your condition.
Treatments for Diabetes Type 2
As it was mentioned before, the treatment is based on each individual’s condition. When doctors are formulating a way to deal with the issue, they need to consider these things:
- The patients’ condition and underlying health status
- The effectiveness of each medication, including the side effect possibility and profile
- The cost of the health care system or the individual patient
- Any possible medication compliance problem
It is important to note that different medication can work differently, depending on the condition and also the blood sugar level. That’s why the medication is often combined, not solely consisting of a certain medication. The medicine may:
- Increase the glucose excretion
- Increase sensitivity to insulin
- Work through different other mechanism
- Decrease carbs absorption from the digestive system
Not to mention that insulin can be delivered in various different ways, including through syringes (injections), insulin pump, or pre-filled pens.
About Diabetes Diet
When it comes to dieting, it is crucial to make sure that the body doesn’t lack of the needed nutrients. The idea is to have a balanced outcome. One of the key is about proper nutrition, making sure that you have enough nutrients – not too much and not too little. Once you are able to control the blood sugar level, it will lead to healthy condition.
As it was mentioned before, there is no universal diabetes diet. Everything should be adjusted and tailored to different individual and needs. The diet plan should be adjusted to each person’s schedules, eating habit, lifestyle, and needs. Not only it should have a balanced consumption, it should have a balanced input of diabetes medication and insulin. It would be best for the diabetes patients to have more, but smaller, meals all through the day than to have only 1 or 2 big meals. It will maintain the proper sugar level. Now that you already know the diabetes symptoms, you can be prepared and be ready.